Sunday, June 21, 2009



Archie Smith, Boy Wonder

Ten year old Archie Smith climbed onto his bed, laid down, and closed his eyes. He was exhausted, angry, and dirty. Archie had just finished cleaning his Aunt Helen’s house. He was sent to live at his aunt’s house because his parents had died in a fire. Aunt Helen was a wicked with. She despised Archie and she always made him clean. Suddenly, a tiny voice asked, “Is he the one?”
Archie gasped. He ran out of his room and sprinted downstairs. “Aunt Helen! There’s a ghost in our house!” Archie shouted. He came to a stop at the bottom of the stairs.
“What are you talking about you little brat?” Aunt Helen shouted. “There is no such thing as ghosts!”
“Archie, ignore her! I am real! I need your help!” The same voice said.
“Did you hear that Aunt Helen?” Archie asked. Before his aunt could answer, an eighteen year old girl with blazing red hair appeared at Aunt Helen’s side. Archie’s aunt screamed then fainted.
“Aunt Helen!” Archie shouted.
“Leave her there Archie,” The girl with red hair said. “My name is Carol. My master has sent me here to notify you that you have been chosen to save our magical land Sparta.”
Archie couldn’t help laughing. “Sparta? Wasn’t that a city-state in Greece?” Archie said once he was done laughing.
“Yes. Does it really matter?” Carol said through gritted teeth. “Anyways, we are being attacked by a species that we cannot identify. We need your help Archie.”
Archie thought, “Teenagers are crazy. A magical land? Yeah right! I don’t even believe in the tooth fairy!”Archie finally decided to say, “Do you need to go to the hospital? I can wake up my aunt and she can drive you there. Or I could call your…” Archie didn’t get to finish. The girl started shouting out words Archie never heard before. Archie saw a flash of yellow light. Then he fainted.


“Archie! Wake up!” Carol shouted. After ten more minutes, Archie finally woke up. He felt incredibly sleepy. He felt like he had just been punched in the head, but he remembered everything. He looked around and saw an open field of grass. “What….happened?” Archie asked.
“I just took you to Sparta,” Carol said. “All I need to do is say the magic words and Sparta will appear out of nowhere and I can prove you wrong.”
Carol started to say strange words again. Suddenly, Archie was in a town that had a thousand feet high buildings. There were fairies everywhere and Carol suddenly had wings just like the other fairies. Archie was about to faint. “This isn’t real!” Archie thought.
“Come on Archie. I’ll take you to my master,” Carol said. Archie and Carol walked to a tall building that was close to them. They climbed six staircases until they entered a red and golden room.
“Master Timothy,” Carol said. “I have Archie Smith with me.”
Archie looked at Timothy. He was sitting on a chair working on something that was on his desk. He was an old man with grey hair. He looked up and smiled.
“Archie Smith,” Timothy said. “You can call me Timothy. I am sure you’re wondering why you are here.”
Archie nodded.
Timothy said, “These… people keep on attacking Sparta. We need you to help us defeat them.” Archie laughed. Once he was done laughing he said, “I think you have the wrong person. I’m a wimpy ten year old.”
Before Timothy could answer, the building started to shake. Timothy stood up and looked at Carol. He said, “It’s time.”
Carol nodded. Archie started to panic. He hated earthquakes. Carol said, “Archie come with me, grab a sword from the closet. I’ll meet you downstairs.”
Archie couldn’t believe it. She wanted him to fight off creepy creatures! “I’m not going to do this,” Archie thought. “I’m too young to be a murderer.”
Archie walked out of the room and went into the closet. He grabbed a sword and thought, “Just in case.” He ran down the stairs and opened the door. There was hundreds of “things” in armor. Some were on horses too. “What is this Narnia?” Archie said out loud. Someone heard him. He ran towards Archie, swinging his sword. Archie had no choice. He ran towards the “thing” and held out his sword. Archie heard a sickening crunch. He looked down and saw a pool of blood."Oh no,” Archie thought. “I’m a murderer!”
Archie kept on running. “I need to get out of here!” Archie thought. “Thank goodness,” Archie said. He had just found the exit. There was an archway that led to an open field of grass. “Archie I need help!” Archie turned around and looked for the person that called out his name. Carol. She was fighting a huge person that had wings just like her. Archie didn’t know what to do. Archie sighed. He ran towards Carol and held out his sword. Archie felt a pain in his side. He opened his eyes. Carol was lying on the ground, clutching her right arm. Archie fell to the ground and clutched his side. He looked at his hand and saw blood. “At least I helped Carol. I did the right thing. My life is horrible anyways. It’s okay if I die,” Archie thought. He heard unfamiliar words. There was a flash of green light, and then everything went pitch black.

No comments:

Post a Comment